R&D Scale-Up Operator
TITLE: Research and Development Scale-Up Operator
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
JOB STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt, located at UPARC Facility
SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE: This position has no direct reports
• To produce high-quality, saleable chemical products according to specification and customer needs
• To promote safety in the workforce according to the guidelines and regulations enforced at Reaxis Inc.
• To continue to evaluate and improve manufacturing techniques in the most economical and cost-effective way without sacrificing product quality
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Train on and operate production equipment as needed by Reaxis Inc.
• Apply cooperative attitude and support during day-to-day operations in the form of multitasking including but not limited to assisting with production and packaging of material, plant housekeeping, and off-loading of trucks
• Follow written procedures and make products according to provided work instructions
• Ensure that product and packages are clean and properly labeled
• Maintain a clean and safe work area by following safety rules, wearing PPE when appropriate, and pro-actively identifying hazards
• Offer suggestions for process and manufacturing improvements
• Operating fork lift trucks effectively
• Additional duties based on what is required per the Supervisor
• This job operates in an Industrial and Administrative setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. See attached for supporting details.
• Portable Radio
• Fork Lift
• Pallet Wrapper & Hand Tools
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: • This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Employee must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
• This position does not require travel
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma.
• Industrial manufacturing experience required.
• Willingness to work overtime.
• Ability to lift greater than 50 lbs.
• Experience operating a fork lift.
• Certified Fork Lift Operator
• D.O.T Training
• Chemical production experience
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are requested to please submit a cover letter and current resume to the attention of HR@REAXIS.COM.