TITLE: Production Supervisor - McDonald location
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
JOB STATUS: Full Time, Exempt,
SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE: This position has 5-10 direct reports
SHIFT: 2nd Shift
• Plan, organize, and control the production and packaging of chemical products according to schedule and specifications
• Communicate with Quality Control, Warehouse, Sales and Marketing to ensure product quality and shipping time tables are met
• Promote safety in the workforce according to the guidelines and regulations enforced at Reaxis Inc.
• Evaluate and improve manufacturing techniques in the most economical and cost-effective way without sacrificing product quality
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Direct all plant operations on assigned shift to meet production schedule
• Supervise and evaluate the work of production operators
• Ensure safe operations and control production costs
• Perform routine inspection of plant and equipment to identify and correct potential safety and health hazards
• Maintain the production facility in a clean, safe condition
• Ensure that product and packages are clean and properly labeled
• Increase manufacturing capacity by reducing downtime
• Perform material, production, and man hours record keeping
• Enforce plant policies and procedures
• Administer discipline as needed
• Assist in performing in-process inventory counts
• This job operates in an Industrial and Administrative setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; handle, or feel objects, tools or
controls, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must
occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
• Fax Machine
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
• This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 6:00
a.m. to 2:00 p.m. or 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. The employee must work at least 30 hours
each week to maintain full-time status.
• This position does not require travel
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Technical field and two years’ experience in an industrial
manufacturing plant OR Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Chemical manufacturing plant
with demonstrable leadership skills
• Basic understanding and hands-on experience with QC testing
• Demonstrable experience in working in a team-based environment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and ERP systems
• Demonstrable experience working with a Unionized workforce
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are requested to please submit a cover letter and current
resume to the attention of HR@REAXIS.COM.