Technical Sales and Business Development Manager
TITLE: Technical Sales and Business Development Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Business Development
JOB STATUS: Exempt
• Main responsibility for this position will be the selling of our metal-based catalyst product line.
• Establish and execute profitable sales plan for existing and new Reaxis products through market intelligence and consultation with the Director of Sales and Business Development.
• Develop new business opportunities and initiate lab project requests resulting from visits and contacts
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meet or exceed annual business goals and sales plan (revenue, profit, and volume) mutually agreed on with the Director of Sales and Business Development.
• Account Management
Increase business, margin, and expand product offerings at current accounts
Distributor and agent management
Propose consistent pricing through collaboration with sales and marketing
Utilize CRM and ERP systems to manage accounts and contacts
• New Product Development
Define business justification for new products in existing or new markets
Support new product initiatives through commercialization in conjunction with R&D and production
• Continually increase knowledge of pertinent markets, products and applications
• Interface with customer service to manage customer complaints, pricing, and logistical situations
• Work collaboratively with the marketing group to maximize visibility of the company and its products through participation in and support of trade show activity and advertising
• Management and follow-up of samples to customers and prospects
• Minimum 5-10 years of technical sales in the chemical industry and 2-5 years laboratory experience.
• Prefer specifically, technical sales experience with an additive chemical product line.
• Preferred Industry/Applications (selling into) Experience, by Chemistry: Polyurethanes, Silicones, Polyesters
• Preferred Industry/Applications (selling into) Experience, by Application: Elastomers/Foams (polyurethanes), adhesives and sealants (polyurethane and silicone), coatings (polyurethane and silicone) and plastics and resins
• Experience in selling into a national or multi-regional territory; minimum 50% travel
• Minimum BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
• Experience with both direct account selling/management and selling through distributors/agents
• Experience in working with Microsoft 365, 365 Dynamics (CRM), Skype and Webex
• Experience in working within an ISO9000/14000 environment
Interested candidates are requested to please submit a cover letter and current resume to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org.