Operator (Maintenance Qualified)
TITLE: Operator (Maintenance Qualified) - First Shift/Second Shift
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
JOB STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE: This position has no direct reports
• Repairs and maintains machinery including but not limited to pumps, boilers, physical structures, piping and plumbing, electrical and instrumentation systems of an industrial chemical facility.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform electrical work in maintenance related activities and ensures that practices are carried out in accordance with accepted standards and industrial norms
• Implement the repair of machines or equipment through controlled dismantling, replacing of defective parts, motors, seals, gaskets, etc.
• Assist in the specification and ordering of equipment parts
• Maintains current equipment through the cleaning and lubricating of machine parts such as shafts, pulleys, gears and bearings; replacement or repair of drive pumps, pumps seals and diaphragms, and prevention of corrosion of
equipment via surface treatment
• Assist with the specifications of new equipment, where available
• Operation of welding machine, plasma cutter, pipe threader, excavator, and skid loaders
• Identify and correct potential safety and health hazards within the plant and maintenance facilities
• Identify and assist in developing strategies to reduce environmental risks from existing processes
• Ability to work well with others
This job operates in an Industrial and Administrative setting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. See below for supporting details
Bobcat Skid Load
Hydraulic Ramil Liftin Unit
Interested candidates are requested to please submit a cover letter and current resume to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org.