Specialty Chemical Company
JOB TITLE: Associate Analytical Chemist
JOB STATUS: Full Time, Non- Exempt
REPORTS TO: Technical Manager
SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE: This position has no direct reports
The Associate Analytical Chemist will be responsible for maintaining day-to-day operations of the ISO qualified Quality Control Laboratory at Reaxis’s UPARC Manufacturing site. This role also presents an opportunity to synthesize and analyze Reaxis products that will be packaged and sent out for customer sampling. Interaction with the Research & Development Team will frequently occur as the Associate Analytical Chemist will optimize and conduct stability tests on newly developed products.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct in-process and finished product analyses on manufactured products according to internal standard operating procedures.
- Maintain, operate, and troubleshoot analytical instrumentation according to ISO-regulated policies.
- Record keeping and reporting for products prepared by manufacturing plant.
- Regularly standardize reagents and maintain chemical/consumables inventory for the quality control laboratories.
- Maintain ISO compliance as it relates to assisting with internal ISO audits and updating quality control relevant ISO documentation.
- Assist with quality control method development and improvement.
- Regularly communicate with Sales & Technical Support Manager to maintain adequate sample stock of Reaxis products.
- Package and label sample products for shipment to prospective customers along with required documentation (i.e. SDS and technical data sheets).
- Synthesize Reaxis products for sample shelf and conduct testing for certificates of analysis.
- Assist research & development by conducting long-term stability tests or stability testing under various conditions.
- Provide timely and high-quality data reports that document test results
- Maintain a work environment that is clean, organized, and safe.
- Demonstrate and promote the company vision.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Willingness to understand and demonstrate various government policies, procedures and guidelines as deemed by the supervisor. (e.g., ISO, DOT, etc.)
- Capacity to work safely and efficiently
- Ability to get along well with others. (e.g., ability to build a healthy rapport with coworkers, customers, management: Show respect always and compassion where necessary, etc.)
- Ability to maintain and demonstrate personal accountability /responsibility. (e.g., take personal ownership in the company’s success and accepts full responsibility for oneself and contribution as a team member: ability to receive constructive criticism in a positive manner, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in the chemical industry or manufacturing space
- Hands-on laboratory skills with chemicals, glassware, and analytical techniques
- Demonstrable communication skills
- Ability to follow instruction and to document data accurately
- Ability to lift greater than 50 LBS.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in chemical manufacturing or quality control laboratory.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 4 PM. Employee must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Must be occasionally, available for overtime on weekends, and 1st and 2nd shift for both the UPARC and McDonald facilities.
- This job operates in an Industrial and Administrative setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, and various lab equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift or move products and supplies using a drum dolly, up to 800 pounds. This job requires frequent lifting of containers weighing up to 70 LBS. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Basic Office Equipment (e.g., phone, copier, fax machine, printer, etc.)
- Basic Laboratory Equipment (e.g., flame atomic absorption spectrometer, ion chromatography, moisture balance, UV-Vis spectrometer, viscometer, colorimeter, turbidimeter, etc.
- This position will require travel to and from the UPARC manufacturing site with no work from home opportunities.
Visit Reaxis Website (Career Section) at https://www.reaxis.com/careers/
View Job Openings
Apply for this specific job by clicking on above title and then clicking on the box “Apply for Job”
Answer the questions then upload your resume
It’s that easy!
*HR will not directly accept correspondence from external candidates. All external candidates must apply through the website. Thank you.
Know anyone who would like to work with a great crew at Reaxis Inc?
You can get an extra $1000.00 if they name you as the person that referred them & we hire them.
Here is how it works.
Have External Applicants follow the above steps and enter your name and information when asked in the questionnaire if anyone referred them.
NOTE: For a person to receive a referral bonus, they MUST accurately list your name, email and phone number under the question that asks for the person referring them. Once the candidate is hired and employed for 90 days, the person who referred the candidate will receive their first $500.00 referral bonus. The second referral bonus of $500.00 will be paid out after the employee has completed 6 months of employment. If an employee makes the referral, the monies will be provided via their paycheck. If a non-employee provides us with the referral, they will receive the money via 1099. IMPORTANT NOTE: Failure to list the referral name on the website at time of applying will forfeit any bonus.