Quality and Analytics Manager
TITLE: R&D Quality Analytics Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
JOB STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE: This position has 2 direct reports
• Responsible for analytical support within the following segments: Manufacturing, R&D, and Process Development at McDonald and Harmarville (U-PARC) sites.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALITY & ANALYTICS – 70% of position
• Support all activities and programs requiring laboratory services
• Manage, train, and mentor Chemists and Lab Technicians when required.
• Develop/implement/continuously improve criteria and systems to assure quality of incoming materials, documents, test results and products.
• Troubleshoot and solve technical problems with McDonald and U-PARC operations when required.
• Answer questions from customer complaints and inquiries on product specifications when asked
• Assist in the completion of Quality Planning in collaboration with Sales, R&D, and EH&S.
• Suggest viability of new customer requests as it pertains to product specifications.
• Evaluate new emerging analytical technologies for incorporation into laboratory use.
• Plan, acquire, and implement the equipment resources necessary to maintain analytical productivity.
• Act as the main point-of-contact for all external analytical services
• Ensure safety, housekeeping and compliance issues are maintained.
• Comply with all job-related safety and other training requirements.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT – 30% of position
• Perform evaluations, validations, and design of new analytical methods in close cooperation with R&D Manager.
• Assist in establishing analytical specifications for new products
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• This job operates in an Industrial and Administrative setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, as well as various lab equipment.
• The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Fax Machine
• Flame atomic absorption spectrometer
• Ion chromatography
• Moisture balance
• UV-Vis spectrometer
• Wet titrametric analyses.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
• This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Employee must work 30 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
• 30% Local Travel between McDonald and U-PARC sites
• Bachelors Degree in Chemistry
• Hands on Laboratory experience in Chemical and Instrumental Analysis
• R&D experience
• Demonstrable communication skills, both written and verbal
• M.S Degree in Chemistry
• Supervisory experience in a chemical laboratory environment a plus
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software and ERP systems.
Interested candidates are requested to please submit a cover letter and current resume to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org.